1. Adami H-O, Trichopoulos D. Cervical cancer and the elusive male factor. N Engl J Med 2002; 346: 1160-1.
2. Adami HO, Kuper H, Andersson SO, Bergström R, Dillner J. Prostate cancer risk and serologic evidence of human papilloma virus infection: a population-based case-control study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2003; 12: 872-5.
2a. Adams J, Trinitapoli J, Poulin M. Regarding "male and female circumcision associated with prevalent HIV infection in virgins and adolescents in Kenya, Lesotho, and Tanzania". Ann Epidemiol 2007; 17: 923-5.
3. Adelman WP, Joffe A. Controversies in male adolescent health: varicocele, circumcision, and testicular self-examination. Curr Opin Pediatr 2004; 16: 363-7.
4. Adler R, Ottaway S, Gould S. Circumcision: we have heard from the experts; now let's hear from the parents. Pediatrics 2001; 107: http://www.pediatrics.org/cgi/content/full/107/2/e20.
5. Agartan CA, Kaya DA, Ozturk CE, Gulcan A. Is aerobic preputial flora age dependent? Jpn J Infect Dis 2005; 58: 276-8.
6. Agarwal SS, Sehgal A, Sardana S, Kumar A, Luthra UK. Role of male behaviour in cervical carcinogenesis among women with one lifetime sexual partner. Cancer 1993; 72: 1666-9.
7. Agot KE, Ndinya-Achola JO, Kreiss JL, Weiss NS. Risk of HIV-1 in Kenya. A comparison of circumcised and uncircumcised men. Epidemiology 2004; 15: 157-63.
8. Agot KE, Kiarie JN, Nguyen HQ, Odhiambo JO, Onyango TM, Weiss NS. Male circumcision in Siaya and Bondo Districts, Kenya: prospective cohort study to assess behavioral disinhibition following circumcision. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2007; 44: 66-70.
9. Ahmed A. Childhood circumcision: a planned approach. Trop Doct 2007; 37: 239-41.
10. Al-Mutairi N, Joshi A, Nour-Eldin O, Sharma AK, El-Adawy I, Rijhwani M. Clinical patterns of sexually transmitted diseases, associated sociodemographic characteristics, and sexual practices in the Farwaniya region of Kuwait. Int J Dermatol 2007; 46: 594-9.
11. Al-Samarrai AY, Mofti AB, Crankson SJ, Jawad A, Haque K, al-Meshari A. A review of a Plastibell device in neonatal circumcision in 2,000 instances. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1988; 167: 341-3.
12. Alanis MC, Lucidi RS. Neonatal circumcision: A review of the world's oldest and most controversial operation. Obstet Gynecol Surv 2004; 59: 379-95.
13. Aldemir M, Cakan M, Burgu B. Circumcision with a new disposable clamp: Is it really easier and more reliable? Int Urol Nephrol 2007; (Sep 26; Epub ahead of print).
14. Alderson M. Occupational Cancer. 1986, London: Butterworths.
15. Altman L. Sex diseases still rising; Chlamydia is leader. 2007 [cited 2007 Nov 14]; Available from: http://www.nytimes.com/.
16. American Academy of Pediatrics. Task Force on Circumcision. Report of the Task Force on Circumcision. Pediatrics 1989; 84: 388-91.
17. American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Quality Improvement, Subcommittee on Urinat Tract Infections Practice parameter: the diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of the initial urinary tract infection in febrile infants and young children. Pediatrics 1999; 103: 843-52.
18. American Academy of Pediatrics. AAP publications retired and reaffirmed. Pediatrics 2005; 116: 796.
19. American Cancer Society. Cancer statistics. http://www.cancer.org/. 2005.
20. American Urological Association. Circumcision. 2007 [cited; Available from: http://www.auanet.org/.
21. American Cancer Society. Estimated New Cancer Cases and Deaths by Sex for All Sites, US, 2007 Cancer Facts & Figures 2007. 2007; http://www.cancer.org/.
22. American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Bioethics. Informed consent, parental permission, and assent in pediatric practice. Pediatrics 1995; 95 (part 1): 314-7.
23. American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Quality Improvement. Subcommittee on Urinary Tract Infection. Practice parameter: the diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of the initial urinary tract infection in febrile infants and young children. Pediatrics 1999; 103: 843-52.
24. Anderson GG, Palermo JJ, Schilling JD, Roth R, Heuser J, Hultgren SJ. Intracellular bacterial biofilm-like pods in urinary tract infections. Science 2003; 301: 105-7.
25. Anderson JE, Wilson R, Doll L, Jones S, Barker P. Condom use and HIV risk behaviors among US adults: data from a national survey. Fam Plann Perspect 1999; 31: 24-8.
26. Androutsos G. [Could phimosis have been the cause of sexual difficulties and delayed fertility of Louis XVI (1754-1793)?] (French). Prog Urol 2002; 12: 132-7.
27. Anon. Newer approaches to HIV prevention. Lancet 2007; 369: 615.
28. Anon. HIV vaccine failure prompts Merck to halt trial. Nature 2007; 449: 390.
29. Anon. Trial and failure. Nature 2007; 446: 1.
30. Anon. Alarming chlamydia rates found in Australian teenagers. Medical Search 2007; http://www.medicalsearch.com.au/ ((Sep 26; Sydney, Australia)).
31. Anon. Trials halted after gel found to increase HIV risk. Nature 2007; 445: 577.
32. Apt A. Circumcision and prostatic cancer. Acta Med Scand 1965; 178: 493-504.
33. Asin J. Chancroid; a report of 1,402 cases. Am J Syph Gonorrhea Vener Dis 1952; 36: 483-7.
34. Atikeler MK, Geçit I, Yüzgeç V, Yalçin O. Complications of circumcision performed within and outside the hospital. Int Urol Nephrol 2005; 37: 97-9.
35. Australia's Health. The Third Biennial Report of the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australian Government Printing Service, Canberra. 1992: 330.
36. Australian Paediatrics Association. Circumcision as a hygiene measure. Med J Aust 1971; 2: 175.
37. Australian College of Paediatrics. Policy Statement on Neonatal Male Circumcision. 1995.
38. Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. Medicare Benefits Schedule. 2004; http://www.health.gov.au/ p. 237.
39. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australian Government. Cancer in Australia to 2000. http://www.aihw.gov.au/cancer/datacubes/index.html and http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/can/ca00/index.html. 2004.
40. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australian Government. Cancer in Australia to 2000. http://www.aihw.gov.au/cancer/datacubes/index.html and http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/can/ca00/index.html. 2004. . 2004.
41. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. 2007. Cervical screening in Australia 2004-2005. cancer series no. 38. Cat. no. CAN 33. Canberra: AIHW. 2007.
42. Auvert B, Ballard R, Campbell C, Caraël M, Carton M, Fehler G, Gouws E, MacPhail C, Taljaard D, Van Dam J, Williams B. HIV infection among youth in a South African mining town is associated with herpes simplex virus-2 seropositivity and sexual behaviour. AIDS 2001; 15: 885-98.
43. Auvert B, Taljaard D, Lagarde E, Sobngwi-Tambekou J, Sitta R, Puren A. Randomized, controlled intervention trial of male Circumcision for reduction of HIV infection risk: The ANRS 1265 Trial. PLoS Med 2005; 2 (10 pages): e298.
44. Auvert B, Kahn JG, Korenromp E, Lloyd-Smith J, Helleringer S, Taljaard D, Sitta R, Hargrove J, Williams B, Marseille E. Cost of the roll-out of male circumcision in sub-Saharan Africa. 7th International AIDS Society Conference 2007: WEAC105.
45. Aydur E, Gungor S, Ceyhan ST, Taiimaz L, Baser I. Effects of childhood circumcision age on adult male sexual functions. Int J Impot Res 2007; 19: 424-31.
46. Aynaud O, Ionesco M, Barrasso R. Penile intraepithelial neoplasia specific clinical features correlate with histologic and virologic findings. Cancer 1994; 74: 1762-7.
47. Aynaud O, Piron D, Casanova J-M. Incidence of preputial lichen sclerosis in adults: Histologic study of circumcision specimens. J Am Acad Dermatol 1999; 41: 923-6.
48. Bachur R, Caputo GL. Bacteremia and meningitis among infants with urinary tract infections. Pediatr Emerg Care 1995; 11: 280-4.
49. Badger J. Circumcision. What you think. Australian Forum 1989; 2 (11): 10-29.
50. Badger J. The great circumcision report part 2. Australian Forum 1989; 2 (12): 4-13.
51. Baeten JM, Richardson BA, Lavreys L, Rakwar JP, Mandaliya K, Bwayo JJ, Kreiss JK. Female-to-male infectivity of HIV-1 among circumcised and uncircumcised Kenyan men. J Infect Dis 2005; 191: 546-53.
52. Bailey RC, Neema S, Othieno R. Sexual behaviors and other HIV risk factors in circumcised and uncircumcised men in Uganda. J Acquired Immune Defic Syndrome 1999; 22: 294-301.
53. Bailey RC. Male circumcision as an effective HIV prevention strategy: Current evidence. 8th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Chicago 2001; S22: http://www.retroconference.org//requested_lectures.cfm?ID=383& mode =send.
54. Bailey RC, Plummer FA, Moses S. Male circumcision and HIV prevention: current knowledge and future research directions. Lancet Infect Dis 2001; 1: 223-31.
55. Bailey RC, Muga R, Poulussen R, Abicht H. The acceptability of male circumcision to reduce HIV infections in Nyanza Province, Kenya. AIDS Care 2002; 14: 27-40.
56. Bailey RC, Moses S, Parker CB, Agot K, Maclean I, Krieger JN, Williams CF, Campbell RT, Ndinya-Achola JO. Male circumcision for HIV prevention in young men in Kisumu, Kenya: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2007; 369: 643-56.
57. Bailis SA. More on procedures in the evaluation of the febrile pediatric patient. Pediatr Ann 1997; 26: 278.
58. Bailis SA. Circumcision The debate goes on. Pediatrics 2000; 105: 682.
59. Balat A, Karakök M, Güler E, Uçaner N, Kibar Y. Local defense systems in the prepuce. Scand J Urol Nephrol 2007; (Jun 21 - epub ahead of print).
60. Baldwin SB, Wallace DR, Papenfuss MR, Abrahamsen M, Vaught LC, Giuliano AR. Condom use and other factors affecting penile human papillomavirus detection in men attending a sexually transmitted disease clinic. Sex Transm Dis 2004; 31: 601-7.
61. Barile MF, Blumberg JM, Kraul CW, Yaguchi R. Penile lesions among U.S. Armed Forces personnel in Japan. The prevalence of herpes simplex and the role of pleuropneumonia-like organisms. Arch Dermatol 1962; 86: 273-81.
62. Barrasso R, De Brux J, Croissant O, Orth G. High prevalence of papillomavirus associated penile intraepithelial neoplasia in sexual partners of women with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. N Engl J Med 1987; 317: 916-23.
63. Baskin LS, Canning DA, Snyder HMI, Duckett JW. Surgical repair of urethral circumcision injuries. J Urol 1997; 158: 2269-71.
64. Basset I, Donovan B, Bodsworth NJ, Field PR, Ho DW, Jeansson S, Cunningham AL. Herpes simplex virus type 2 infection of heterosexual men attending a sexual health centre. Med J Aust 1994; 160: 697-700.
65. BBC2 Television. The Valley of Life or Death. 2000, http://www.bbc.co.uk/ Broadcast in UK.
66. Beasley S, Darlow B, Craig J, Mulcahy D, Smith G. Royal Australasian College of Physicians. Policy Statement on Circumcision. 2004: http://www.racp.edu.au/hpu/paed/circumcision/.
67. Beckman LJ, Harvey SM, Tiersky LA. Attitudes about condoms and condom use among college students. J Am Coll Hlth 1996; 44: 243-9.
68. Belman AB. Vesicoureteral reflux. Pediatr Clin North Am 1997; 44: 1171-90.
69. Ben Chaim J, Livne PM, Binyamini J, Hardak B, Ben-Meir D, Mor Y. Complications of circumcision in Israel: a one year multicenter survey. Isr Med Assoc J 2005; 7: 368-70.
70. Benador D, Benador N, Slosman D, Mermillod B, Girardin E. Are younger children at highest risk of renal sequelae after pyelonephritis? Lancet 1997; 349: 17-9.
71. Bleustein CB, Fogarty JD, Eckholdt H, Arezzo JC, Melman A. Effect of neonatal circumcision on penile neurological sensation. Urology 2005; 65: 773-7.
72. Boggiano C, Littman DR. HIV's vagina travelogue. Immunity 2007; 26: 145-7.
73. Bongaarts J, Peining P, Way P, Conont F. The relationship between male circumcision and HIV infection in African populations. AIDS 1989; 3: 373-7.
74. Boon ME, Susanti I, Tasche MJ, Kok LP. Human papillomavirus (HPV) associated male and female genital carcinomas in a Hindu population. The male as a vector and victim. Cancer 1989; 64: 550-65.
75. Boulos MN, Russell C, Smith M. Web GIS in practice II: interactive SVG maps of diagnoses of sexually transmitted diseases by Primary Care Trust in London, 1997-2003. Int J Health Geogr 2005; 4: 4.
76. Brewer DD, Potterat JJ, Roberts JM, Jr., Brody S. Male and female circumcision associated with prevalent HIV infection in virgins and adolescents in Kenya, Lesotho, and Tanzania. Ann Epidemiol 2007; 17: 217-26.
77. Brisman M, Ljang BML, Otterbom I, Larsson LE, Andreasson SE. Methemoglobin formation after the use of EMLA cream in term neonates. Acta Pediatr 1998; 87: 1191-4.
78. British Medical Association. Consent, rights and choices in health care for children and young people. Chapter 1. 2001, London: BMJ Books.
79. British Medical Association. The law and ethics of male circumcision guidance for doctors. http://www.bma.org.uk/ 2003.
80. British Medical Association. The law and ethics of male circumcision: guidance for doctors. J Med Ethics 2004; 30: 259-63.
81. British Medical Association. The law and ethics of male circumcision. Guidance for doctors. 2006: BMA.
82. Broadman L, Hannallah R, Belman B, Elder P, Ruttiman U, Epstein B. Post-circumcision analgesia; a prospective evaluation of subcutaneous ring block of the penis. Anesthesiology 1987; 67: 399-402.
83. Brown JE, Micheni KD, Grant EM, Mwenda JM, Muthiri FM, Grant AR. Varieties of male circumcision: a study from Kenya. Sex Transm Dis 2001; 28: 608-12.
84. Bryk F. Circumcision in Man and Woman - Its History, Psychology and Ethnology. (Die Beschneidung bei Mann und Weib), pp. 174-177, ed. 1934 GT. 1882, New York: American Ethnological Press. 342.
85. Buchbinder SP, Vittinghoff E, Heagerty PJ, Celum CL, Seage GR, 3rd., Judson FN, McKirnan D, Mayer KH, Koblin BA. Sexual risk, nitrite inhalant use, and lack of circumcision associated with HIV seroconversion in men who have sex with men in the United States. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2005; 39: 82-9.
86. Burger R, Guthrie T. Why circumcision? Pediatrics 1974; 54: 362-4.
87. Busby JE, Pettaway CA. What's new in the management of penile cancer? Curr Opin Urol 2005; 15: 350-7.
88. Butler-O'Hara M, LeMoine C, Guillet R. Analgesia for neonatal circumcision: A randomized controlled trial of EMLA cream versus dorsal penile nerve block. Pediatrics 1998; 101: http://www.pediatrics.org/cgi/content/full/101/4/e5.
89. Buve A, Weiss HA, Laga M, Van Dyck E, Musonda R, Zekeng L, Kahindo M, Anagonou S, Morison L, Robinson NJ, Hayes RJ. The epidemiology of gonorrhoea, chlamydial infection and syphilis in four African cities. AIDS 2001; 15 (Suppl 4): S79-S88.
90. Buyukkocak U, Caglayan F, Caglayan O, Basar M, Cakmak M, Batislam E, Ulusoy S. Anaesthesia and the acute phase protein response in children undergoing circumcision. Mediators Inflamm 2005; 2005: 312-5.
91. Bwayo J, Plummer F, Omari M, Mutere A, Moses S, Ndinya-Achola J, Velentgas P, Kreiss J. Human immunodeficiency virus infection in long-distance truck drivers in east Africa. Arch Intern Med 1994; 154: 1391-6.
92. Caballero-Hoyos R, Villasenor-Sierra A. [Socioeconomic strata as a predictor factor for constant condom use among adolescents] (Spanish). Rev Saude Publica 2001; 35: 531-8.
93. Caldwell JC, Caldwell P. The African AIDS epidemic. Sci Am 1996; 274: 40-6.
94. Calnan M, Douglas JWB, Goldstein H. Tonsillectomy and circumcision: comparison of two cohorts. Int J Epidemiol 1978; 7: 79.
95. Cameron BE, Simonsen JN, D'Costa LJ, Ronald AR, Maitha GM, Gakinya MN, Cheang M, Dinya-Achola JO, Piot P, Brunham RC, Plummer FA. Female to male transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1: risk factors for seroconversion in men. Lancet 1989; ii: 403-7.
96. Cancer. Cancer Research UK. Cancer statistics. http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/. 2005 [cited.
97. Carbajal R, Chauvet X, Couderc S, Oliver-Martin M. Randomized trial of analgesic effects of sucrose, glucose, and pacifiers in term neonates. Brit Med J 1999; 319: 1393-7.
98. Carver BS, Mata JA, Venable DD, Eastham JA. Squamous cell carcinoma of the penis: a retrospective review of forty-five patients in northwest Louisiana. South Med J 2002; 95.
99. Cascio S, Colhoun E, Puri P. Bacterial colonization of the prepuce in boys with vesicoureteral reflux who receive antibiotic prophylaxis. J Pediatr 2001; 139: 160-2.
100. Cassell MM, Halperin DT, Shelton JD, Stanton D. Risk compensation: the Achilles' heel of innovations in HIV prevention? Brit Med J 2006; 332: 605-7.
101. Castellsague X, Bosch FX, Munoz N, Meijer CJLM, Shah KV, de Sanjose S, Eluf-Neto J, Ngelangel CA, Chichareon S, Smith JS, Herrero R, Franceschi S. Male circumcision, penile human papillomavirus infection, and cervical cancer in female partners. N Engl J Med 2002; 346: 1105-12.
102. Castellsague X, Peeling RW, Franceschi S, de Sanjose S, Smith JS, Albero G, Diaz M, Herrero R, Munoz N, Bosch FX. Chlamydia trachomatis infection in female partners of circumcised and uncircumcised adult men. Am J Epidemiol 2005; 162: 907-16.
103. Castellsague X, Albero G, Cleries R, Bosch FX. HPV and circumcision: A biased, inaccurate and misleading meta-analysis. J Infect 2007; 55: 91-3.
104. Cathcart P, Nuttall M, van der Meulen J, Emberton M, Kenny SE. Trends in paediatric circumcision and its complications in England between 1997 and 2003. Br J Surg 2006; 93: 885-90.
105. Celum CL, Buchbinder SP, Donnell D, Douglas JM, Jr., Mayer K, Koblin B, Marmor M, Bozeman S, Grant RM, Flores J, Sheppard HW. Early human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in the HIV Network for Prevention Trials Vaccine Preparedness Cohort: risk behaviors, symptoms, and early plasma and genital tract virus load. J Infect Dis 2001; 183: 23-35.
106. Centers. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: The National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection ProgramReducing Mortality Through Screening. 2006: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/about.htm.
107. Cepeda MS, Carr DB, Lau J, Alvarez H. Music for pain relief. (Review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006: art. no. CD004843.
108. Chan DJ. Fatal attraction: sex, sexually transmitted infections and HIV-1. Int J STD AIDS 2006; 17: 643-51.
109. Check E. Trio of studies makes headway in HIV battle. Nature 2007; 446: 12.
110. Check E. Scientists rethink approach to HIV gels. Nature 2007; 446: 12.
111. Cheng YW, Wong SN. Diagnosing symptomatic urinary tract infections in infants by catheter urine culture. J Paediatr Child Health 2005; 41: 437-40.
112. Cherpes TL, Meyne LA, Krohn MA, Hiller SL. Risk factors for infection with herpes simplex virus type 2: Role of smoking, douching, uncircumcised males, and vaginal flora. Sex Transm Dis 2003; 30: 405-10.
113. Chon CH, Lai FC, Shortliffe LM. Pediatric urinary tract infections. Pediatr Clin North Am 2001; 48: 1441-59.
114. Christakis DA, Harvey E, Zerr DM, Feudtner C, Wright JA, Connell FA. A trade-off analysis of routine newborn circumcision. Pediatrics 2000; 105: 246-9.
115. Cilento BGJ, Holmes NM, Canning DA. Plastibell complications revisited. Clin Pediatr 1999; 38: 239-42.
115a. Clark PA, Eisenman J, Szapor S. Mandatory neonatal male circumcision in Sub-Saharan Africa: Medical and ethical analysis. Med Sci Monit 2007; 12: RA205-13
116. Cohen J. HIV/AIDS. Prevention cocktails: combining tools to Stop HIV's spread. Science 2005; 309: 1002-5.
117. Cohen J. Male circumcision thwarts HIV infection. Science 2005; 309: 860.
118. Cohen J. Promising AIDS vaccine's failure leaves field reeling. Science 2007; 318: 28-9.
119. Cohen J. India slashes estimate of HIV-infected people. Science 2007; 317: 179-80.
119a. Cohen J. Did Merck's failed HIV vaccine cause harm? Science 2007; 318: 1048-9
120. Cohen MS. Preventing sexual transmission of HIV New ideas from Sub-Saharan Africa. N Engl J Med 2000; 342: 970-2.
121. Colby CJ, Schoen EJ, Ray GT, To T. Cost analysis of newborn circumcision (NC) in a large health maintenance organization (HMO). Pediat Res 2001; 49 (Part 2): 395.
122. Cold CJ, Taylor JR. The prepuce. BJU Int 1999; 83: 34-44.
123. Collins S, Upshaw J, Rutchik S, Ohannessian C, Ortenberg J, Albertsen P. Effects of circumcision on male sexual function: Debunking a myth? J Urol 2002; 167: 2111-2.
124. Committee on the Fetus and Newborn, American Academy of Pediatrics. Standards and Recommendations for Hospital Care of Newborn Infants. 5th ed. 1971: American Academy of Pediatrics, Evanston, Illinois. page 110.
125. Committee - Foetus and Newborn Committee. Can Paed Soc News Bull 1975; 8 (suppl): 1-2.
126. Conway PH, Cnaan A, Zaoutis T, Henry BV, Grundmeier RW. Recurrent urinary tract infections in children: Risk factors and association with prophylactic antimicrobials. J Am Med Assoc 2007; 298: 179-86.
127. Cook LS, Koutsky LA, Holmes KK. Circumcision and sexually transmitted diseases. Am J Publ Health 1994; 84: 197-201.
128. Corbett HJ, Humphrey GM. Early complications of circumcisions performed in the community. Br J Gen Pract 2003; 53: 887-8.
129. Correa P. Is prostate cancer an infectious disease? Int J Epidemiol 2005; 34: 197-8.
130. Cox G. De virginibus, Puerisque. The function of the human foreskin considered from an evolutionary perspective. Med Hypoth 1995; 45: 617-21.
131. Craig JC, Knight JF, Sureshkumar P, Mantz E, Roy LP. Effect of circumcision on incidence of urinary tract infection in preschool boys. J Pediat 1996; 128: 23-7.
132. Crain EF, Gershel JC. Urinary tract infections in febrile infants younger than 8 weeks of age. Pediatrics 1990; 86: 363-7.
133. Crawford ED, Dawkins CA, Skinner DG, Lieskowsky G. Cancer of the Penis and Management of Genitourinary Cancer. 1988, Philadelphia: WB Saunders. 549-63.
134. Culp OS, Patton JF. Reflections. In: United States Army Surgery in World War II. Office of the Surgeon General and Center of Military History, United States Army. pp. 485-490. 1987.
135. Dada Y, Milord F, Frost E, Manshande JP, Kamuragiye A, Youssouf J, Khelifa M, Pépin J. The Indian Ocean paradox revisited: HIV and sexually transmitted infections in the Comoros. Int J STD AIDS 2007; 18: 596-600.
136. Dagher R, Selzer ML, Lapides J. Carcinoma of the penis and the anti-circumcision crusade. J Urol 1973; 110: 79-80.
137. Daling JR, Madeleine MM, Johnson LG, Schwartz SM, Shera KA, Wurscher MA, Carter JJ, Porter PL, Galloway DA, McDougall JK, Krieger JN. Penile cancer: importance of circumcision, human papillomavirus and smoking in in situ and invasive disease. Int J Cancer 2005; 116: 606-16.
138. Dave SS, Johnson AM, Fenton KA, Mercer CH, Erens B, Wellings K. Male circumcision in Britain: findings from a national probability sample survey. Sex Transm Infect 2003; 79: 499-500.
139. De Vincenzi I, Mertens T. Male circumcision a role in HIV prevention? AIDS 1994; 8: 153-60.
140. De Witte L, Nabatov A, Pion M, Fluitsma D, de Jong MA, de Gruijl T, Piguet V, van Kooyk Y, Geijtenbeek TB. Langerin is a natural barrier to HIV-1 transmission by Langerhans cells. Nat Med 2007; 13: 367-71.
141. Dennis EJ, Heins HC, Latham E, McIver FA, Pratt-Thomas HR. The carcinogenic effect of human smegma: an experimental study. I. Preliminary report. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 1956; 9: 671-80.
142. Dennis LK, Dawson DV. Meta-analysis of measures of sexual activity and prostate cancer. Epidemiology 2002; 13: 72-9.
143. Department of Health. Hospital Episodes Statistics 2003-2004. 2005, London: Department of Health.
144. Dhar GM, Shah GN, Naheed B, Hafiza. Epidemiological trend in the distribution of cancer in Kashmir Valley. J Epidemiol Comm Hlth 1993; 47: 290-2.
145. Diallo MO, Ackah AN, Lafontaine MF, Doorly R, Roux R, Kanga JM, Heroin P, De Cock KM. HIV-1 and HIV-2 infections in men attending sexually transmitted disease clinics in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire. AIDS 1992; 6: 581-5.
146. Dickerman JD. Circumcision in the time of HIV: when is there enough evidence to revise the American Academy of Pediatrics' policy on circumcision? Pediatrics 2007; 119: 1006-7.
147. Dickson N, van Roode T, Paul C. Herpes simplex virus type 2 status at age 26 is not related to early circumcision in a birth cohort. Sex Transm Dis 2005; 32: 517-9.
148. Dillner J, Knekt P, Boman J, Lehtinen M, Afgeijersstam V, Sapp M, Schiller J, Maatela J, Aromaa A. Sero-epidemiological association between human-papillomavirus infection and risk of prostate cancer. Int J Cancer 1998; 75: 564-7.
149. Dillner J, von Krogh G, Horenblas S, Meijer CJ. Etiology of squamous cell carcinoma of the penis. Scand J Urol Nephrol 2000; 205 (Suppl): 189-93.
150. Diseker RA, Peterman TA, Kamb ML, Kent C, Zenilman JM, Douglas JM, Rhodes F, Iatesta M. Circumcision and STD in the United States: Cross sectional and cohort analysis. Sex Transm Infect 2000; 76: 474-9.
151. Diseker RA, Lin LS, Kamb ML, Peterman TA, Kent C, Zenilman J, Lentz A, Douglas JM, Rhodes F, Malotte KC, M. L. Fleeting foreskins: the misclassification of male circumcision status. Sex Transm Dis 2001; 28: 330-5.
152. Dodge OG, Linsell CA. Carcinoma of the penis in Uganda and Kenya Africans. Cancer 1963; 18: 1255-63.
153. Donoval BA, Landay AL, Moses S, Agot K, Ndinya-Achola JO, Nyagaya EA, MacLean I, Bailey RC. HIV-1 target cells in foreskins of African men with varying histories of sexually transmitted infections. Am J Clin Pathol 2006; 125: 386-91.
154. Donovan B, Basset I, Bodsworth NJ. Male circumcision and common sexually transmissible diseases in a developed nation setting. Genitourin Med 1994; 70: 317-20.
155. Donovan B, Ross MW. Preventing HIV: determinants of sexual behaviour (review). Lancet 2000; 355: 1897-901.
156. Downs AM, de Vincenzi I. Probability of heterosexual transmission of HIV: relationship to the number of sexual contacts. J AIDS 1996; 11: 388-95.
157. Drain PK, Smith JS, Hughes JP, Halperin DT, Holmes KK. Correlates of national HIV seroprevalence: An ecologic analysis of 122 developing countries. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2004; 35: 407-20.
158. Drain PK, Halperin DT, Hughes JP, Klausner JD, Bailey RC. Male circumcision, religion, and infectious diseases: an ecologic analysis of 118 developing countries. BMC Infect Dis 2006; 6: 172.
159. Duncan ND, Dundas SE, Brown B, Pinnock-Ramsaran C, Badal G. Newborn circumcision using the Plastibell device: an audit of practice. West Indian Med J 2004; 53: 23-6.
160. Dunne EF, Unger ER, Sternberg M, McQuillan G, Swan DC, Patel SS, Markowitz LE. Prevalence of HPV infection among females in the United States. JAMA 2007; 297: 813-9.
161. Dunsmuir WD, Gordon EM. The history of circumcision. BJU Int 1999; 83 (suppl 1): 1-12.
162. Edwards S. Balanitis and balanoposthitis: A review. Genitourin Med 1996; 72: 155-9.
163. Elder JS. Surgery illustrated: circumcision. BJU Int 2007; 99: 155301564.
164. Elder JS. Re: circumcision--are you with us or against us? J. S. Elder J Urol 2006; 176: 1911. Reply by author. J Urol 2007; 178: 355.
165. Elmore JM, Smith EA, Kirsch AJ. Sutureless circumcision using 2-octyl cyanoacrylate (Dermabond): appraisal after 18-month experience. Urology 2007; 70: 803-6.
166. English JC, Laws RA, Keough GC, Wilde JL, Foley JP, Elston DM. Dermatoses of the glans penis and prepuce. J Am Acad Dermatol 1997; 37: 1-24.
167. Erikson SS. A model for teaching newborn circumcision. Obstet Gynecol 1999; 93: 783-4.
168. Escala JM, Rickwood AMK. Balanitis. Br J Urol 1989; 63: 196-7.
169. Etchells E, Sharpe G, Walsh P. Consent for circumcision. Can Med Assoc J 1997; 156: 18.
170. Ewings P, Bowie C. A case-control study of cancer of the prostate in Somerset and east Devon. Br J Cancer 1996; 74: 661-6.
171. Eyer-Silva WA, Freire MA, Gayão ML, Basílio-de-Oliveira CA, Morgado MG. Epidemiologic features of HIV infection in three municipalities of inner Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 2007; 49: 303-7.
172. Fakjian N, Hunter S, Cole GW, Miller J. An argument for circumcision. Prevention of balanitis in the adult. Arch Dermatol 1990; 126: 1046-7.
172a. Fauci AS. 25 years of HIV/AIDS science: Reaching the poor with research advances. Cell 2007; 131: 429-32.
173. Fergusson DM, Boden JM, Horwood LJ. Circumcision status and risk of sexually transmitted infection in young adult males: an analysis of a longitudinal birth cohort. Pediatrics 2006; 118: 1971-7.
174. Fergusson DM, Boden JM, Horwood LJ. Neonatal circumcision: Effects on breastfeeding and outcomes associated with breastfeeding. J Paediatr Child Health 2007; Sep 4 (Epub ahead of print).
175. Fernandez L, Galan Y, Jimenez R, Gutierrez A, Guerra M, Pereda C, Alonso C, Riboli E, Agudo A, Gonzalez C. Sexual behaviour, history of sexually transmitted diseases, and the risk of prostate cancer: a case-control study in Cuba. Int J Epidemiol 2005; 34: 193-7.
176. Fernando JJ, Wanas TM. Squamous carcinoma of the penis and previous recurrent balanitis: a case report. Genitourin Med 1991; 67: 153-5.
177. Ferrante P, Delbue S, Mancuso R. The manifestation of AIDS in Africa: an epidemiological overview. J Neurovirol 2005; 11 (suppl 1): 50-7.
178. Fette A, Schleaf J, Haberlik A, Seebacher U. Circumcision in paediatric surgery using an ultasound dissection scalpel. Technol Hlth Care 2000; 8: 75-9.
179. Fetus. Fetus and Newborn Committee, Canadian Paediatric Society. Neonatal circumcision revisited. Can Med Ass J 1996; 154: 769-80.
180. Fink AJ. A possible explanation for heterosexual male infection with AIDS. N Engl J Med 1986; 314: 1167.
181. Fink AJ. Newborn circumcision: a long-term strategy for AIDS prevention. J Roy Soc Med 1990; 83: 673.
182. Fink KS, Carson CC, deVellis RF. Adult circumcision outcomes study: Effect on erectile function, penile sensitivity, sexual activity and satisfaction. J Urol 2002; 167: 2113-6.
183. Fischbacher CM. Circumcision of newborn boys. Lancet 1999; 353: 669-70.
184. Flynn P, Havens P, Brady M, Emmanuel P, Read J, Hoyt L, Henry-Reid L, Van Dyke R, Mofenson L. Male circumcision for prevention of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. Pediatrics 2007; 119: 821-2.
185. Fonck K, Kidula N, Kirrui P, Ndinya-Achola J, Bwayo J, Claeys P, Temmerman M. Pattern of sexually transmitted diseases and risk factors among women attending an STD referral clinic in Nairobi, Kenya. Sex Transm Dis 2000; 27: 417-23.
186. Fox M. Analysis: AIDS vaccines experts confused, dismayed. 2007 [cited; Available from: http://www.reuters.com/.
187. Franco EL. Male circumcision and AIDS in Africa. Primum non nocere versus the collective good. Epidemiology 2004; 15: 133-4.
188. Frank R. A trade-off analysis of routine newborn circumcision. Pediatrics 2000; 106: 954.
189. Frisch M, Friis S, Kjaer SK, Melbye M. Falling incidence of penile cancer in an uncircumcised population (Denmark 1943-90). Br Med J 1995; 311: 1471.
190. Furgusson DM, Lawton JM, Shannon FT. Neonatal circumcision and penile problems: An 8-year longnitudinal study. Pediatrics 1988; 81: 537-41.
191. Fussell EN, Kaak BM, Cherry R, Roberts JA. Adherence of bacteria to human foreskin. J Urol 1988; 140: 997-1001.
192. Gairdner D. The fate of the foreskin: a study of circumcision. Brit Med J 1949; 2: 1433-7.
193. Galalakshmi CK, Shanta V. Association between cervical and penile cancers in Madras, India. Acta Oncol 1993; 32: 617-20.
194. Ganiats TG, Humphrey JBC, Taras HL, Kaplan RM. Routine neonatal circumcision: A cost-utility analysis. Med Decis Making 1991; 11: 282-93.
195. Gardner AMN. Circumcision and sand. J Roy Soc Med 1991; 84: 387.
196. Gargollo PC, Kozakewich HP, Bauer SB, Borer JG, Peters CA, Retik AB, Diamond DA. Balanitis xerotica obliterans in boys. J Urol 2005; 174: 1409-12.
197. Garry DJ, Swoboda E, Elimian A, Figueroa R. A video study of pain relief during newborn male circumcision. J Perinatol 2005; (Epub ahead of print).
198. Gatrad AR, Sheikh A, Jacks H. Religious circumcision and the Human Rights Act. Arch Dis Child 2006; 86: 76-8.
199. Gee WF, Ansell JS. Neonatal circumcision: A ten-year overview, with comparison of the Gomco clamp and the Plastibell device. Pediatrics 1976; 58: 824-7.
200. Gelbaum I. Circumcision: to educate, not indoctrinate a mandate for certified nurse-midwives. J Nurse-Midwif 1992; 2 (Suppl): 97S-113S.
201. General. General Medical Council. Guidance for doctors who are asked to circumcise male children. 1997, London: GMC.
202. Gerbase AC, Rowley JT, Heymann DH, Berkley SF, Piot P. Global prevalence and incidence estimates of selected curable STDs. Sex Transm Infect 1998; 74 (Suppl 1): S12-S6.
203. Ginsburg CM, McCracken GH. Urinary tract infections in young children. Pediatrics 1982; 69: 409-12.
204. Glennon J, Ryan PI, Keane CT, Rees JPR. Circumcision and periurethral carriage of Proteus mirabilis in boys. Arch Dis Child 1988; 63: 556-7.
205. Godbole S, Mehendale S. HIV/AIDS epidemic in India: risk factors, risk behaviour & strategies for prevention & control. Indian J Med Res 2005; 121: 356-68.
206. Gollaher DL. From ritual to science: the medical transformation of circumcision in America. J Soc Hist 1994; 28: 5-36.
207. Goodman MT, Hernandez BY, Shvetsov Y. Demographic and pathologic differences in the incidence of invasive penile cancer in the United States, 1995-2003. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007; 16: 1833-9.
208. Gottlieb SL, Douglas JM, Jr, Foster M, Schmid DS, Newman DR, Baron AE, Bolan G, Iatesta M, Malotte CK, Zenilman J, Fishbein M, Peterman TA, Kamb ML. Incidence of herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in 5 sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinics and the effect of HIV/STD risk-reduction counseling. J Infect Dis 2004; 190: 1059-67.
209. Goubet N, Rattaz C, Pierrat V, Bullinger A, Lequien P. Olfactory experience mediates response to pain in preterm newborns. Dev Psychobiol 2003; 42: 171-80.
210. Goubet N, Strasbaugh K, Chesney J. Familiarity breeds content? Soothing effect of a familiar odor on full-term newborns. J Dev Behav Pediatr 2007; 28: 189-94.
211. Goulding FJ. Penile block for postoperative pain relief in penile surgery. J Urol 1981; 126: 337.
212. Govier T. A Practical Study of Argument. 4th edn ed. 1997, Belmont, California: Wadsworth Publishing Company.
213. Gray DT. Neonatal circumcision: cost-effective preventive measure or "the unkindest cut of all"? Med Decis Making 2004; 24: 688-92.
214. Gray R, Azire J, Serwadda D, Kiwanuka N, Kigozi G, Kiddugavu M, Nalugoda F, Li X, Wawer M. Male circumcision and the risk of sexually transmitted infections and HIV in Rakai, Uganda. AIDS 2004; 18: 2428-30.
215. Gray RH, Kiwanuka N, Quinn T, Sewankambo NK, Serwadda D, Mangen FW, Lutalo T, Nalugoda F, Kelly R, Meehan M, Chen MZ, Li C, Wawer MJ. Male circumcision and HIV aquisition and transmission: Cohort studies in Raiki, Uganda. AIDS 2000; 14: 42371-81.
216. Gray RH, Kigozi G, Serwadda D, Makumbi F, Watya S, Nalugoda F, Kiwanuka N, Moulton LH, Chaudhary MA, Chen MZ, Sewankambo NK, Wabwire-Mangen F, Bacon MC, Williams CF, Opendi P, Reynolds SJ, Laeyendecker O, Quinn TC, Wawer MJ. Male circumcision for HIV prevention in men in Rakai, Uganda: a randomised trial. Lancet 2007; 369: 657-66.
217. Gray RH, Li X, Kigozi G, Serwadda D, Nalugoda F, Watya S, Reynolds SJ, Wawer M. The impact of male circumcision on HIV incidence and cost per infection prevented: a stochastic simulation model from Rakai, Uganda. AIDS 2007; 21: 845-50.
218. Gregg V. Aggressive treatment for early prostate cancer cost-effective. OncoLink - Cancer News 2000; http://www.oncolink.com/.
219. Griffin AS, Kroovand RL. Frenular chordee: implications and treatment. Urology 1990; 35: 133-4.
220. Griffith D, Bellows B, Potts M. Cut to the chase: quickly achieving high coverage male circumcision. J Epidemiol Community Health 2007; 61: 612.
221. Griffiths D, Frank JD. Inappropriate circumcision referrals by GPs. J R Soc Med 1992; 85: 324-5.
222. Griffiths DM, Atwell JD, Freeman NV. A prospective survey of the indications and morbidity of circumcision in children. Eur Urol 1985; 11: 184-7.
223. Gross G, Pfister H. Role of human papillomavirus in penile cancer, penile intraepithelial squamous cell neoplasias and in genital warts. Med Microbiol Immunol 2004; 193: 35-44.
224. Grulich AE, Hendry O, Clark E, Kippax S, Kaldor JM. Circumcision and male-to-male sexual transmission of HIV. AIDS 2001; 15: 1188-9.
225. Gunsar C, Kurutepe S, Alparslan O, Yulmaz O, Daglar Z, Sencan A, Genc A, Taneli C, Mir E. The effect of circumcision status on periurethral and glanular bacterial flora. Urol Int 2004; 72: 212-5.
226. Hale P. Mission now possible for AIDS fund. Nature 2001; 412: 271-2.
227. Halperin D, Bailey R. Male circumcision and HIV infection: 10 years and counting. Lancet 1999; 354: 1813-5.
228. Halperin DT. Dry sex and HIV infection in the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Sex Transm Inf 1999; 75: 445-6.
229. Halperin DT, Steiner MJ, Cassell MM, Green EC, Hearst N, Kirby D, Gayle HD, Cates W. The time has come for common ground on preventing sexual transmission of HIV. Lancet 2004; 364: 1913-5.
230. Halperin DT, Fritz K, McFarland W, Woelk G. Acceptability of adult male circumcision for sexually transmitted disease and HIV prevention in Zimbabwe. Sex Transm Dis 2005; 32: 238-9.
231. Hammond GW, Slutchuk M, Scatliff J, Sherman E, Wilt JC, Ronald AR. Epidemiologic, clinical, laboratory, and therapeutic features of an urban outbreak of chancroid in North America. Rev Infect Dis 1980; 2: 867-79.
232. Hammond T. A preliminary poll of men circumcised in infancy or childhood. BJU Int 1999; 83 (suppl 1): 85-92.
233. Hand EA. Circumcision and venereal disease. Arch Dermatol Syphilol 1949; 60: 341-6.
234. Haneke E. Skin diseases and tumors of the penis. Urol Int 1982; 37: 172-82.
235. Hardwick-Smith S, Mastrobattista JM, Wallace PA. Ring block for neonatal circumcision. Obstet Gynecol 1998; 91: 930-4.
236. Harel L, Straussbergr R, Jackson S, Amir J, Tiqwa P. Influence of circumcision technique on frequency of urinary tract infections in neonates. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2002; 21: 879-80.
237. Hart G. Venereal disease in a war environment: incidence and management. Med J Aust 1975; 1: 808-10.
238. Hart G. Factors associated with genital chlamydial and gonoccocal infection in males. Genitourin Med 1993; 69: 393-6.
239. Harturian NS, Smart CN, Thompson MS. The incidence and economic costs of cancer, motor vehicle injuries, coronary heart disease and stroke: a comparative analysis. Am J Public Health 1980; 70: 1249-60.
240. Hayes RJ, Schulz KF, Plummer FA. The cofactor effect of genital ulcers on the per-exposure risk of HIV transmission. J Trop Med Hyg 1995; 98: 1-8.
241. Heins HC, Jr., Dennis EJ. The possible role of smegma in carcinoma of the cervix. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1958; 76: 726-33.
242. Hennig EM, Suo Z, Thoresen S, Holm R, Kvinnsland S, Nesland JM. Human papillomavirus 16 in breast cancer of women treated for high grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN III). Breast Cancer Res Treat 1999; 53: 121-35.
243. Herschel M, Khoshnood B, Ellman C, Maydew N, Mittendorf R. Neonatal circumcision. Randomized trial of a sucrose pacifier for pain control. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1998; 152: 279-84.
244. Herzog LW, Alvarez SR. The frequency of foreskin problems in uncircumcised children. Am J Dis Child 1986; 140: 254-6.
245. Herzog LW. Urinary tract infections and circumcision: a case-control study. Am J Dis Child 1989; 143: 348-50.
245a. Hinchley G. Is infant male circumcision an abuse of the rights of the child? Brit Med J 2007; 335: 1180.
246. Hira SK, Nkwane BM, Kamanga J, Wadhawan D, Kavindele D, Macuacua R, Mpoko G, Malek M, Cruess DF, Perine PL. Epidemiology of human immunodeficiency virus in families in Lusaka, Zambia. J AIDS 1990; 3: 83-6.
247. Hladik F, Sakchalathorn P, Ballweber L, Lentz G, Fialkow M, Eschenbach D, McElrath MJ. Initial events in establishing vaginal entry and infection by human immunodeficiency virus type-1. Immunity 2007; 26: 257-70.
248. Holliday MA, Pinckert TL, Kiernan SC, Kunos I, Angelus P, Keszler M. Dorsal penile nerve block vs topical placebo for circumcision in low-birth-weight neonates. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1999; 153: 476-80.
249. Holman JR, Lewis EL, Ringler RL. Neonatal circumcision techniques. Am Fam Physician 1995; 52: 511-20.
250. Honey K. Winning or losing: where are we in the fight against HIV and AIDS? J Clin Invest 2007; 117: 2348.
251. Hooper RR, Reynolds GH, Jones OG, Zaidi A, Wiesner PJ, Latimer KP, Lester A, Campbell AF, Harrison WO, Karney WW, Holmes KK. Cohort study of venereal disease. I: the risk of gonorrhea transmission from infected women to men. Am J Epidemiol 1978; 108: 136-44.
252. Howard C, Howard F, Garfunkel L, de B, Weitzman M. Neonatal circumcision and pain relief: Current training practices. Pediatrics 1998; 101: 423-8.
253. Howard CR, Howard FM, Fortune K, Generalli P, Zolnoun D, ten Hoopen C, de Blieck E. A randomized, controlled trial of a eutectic mixture of local anesthetic cream (lidocaine and prilocaine) versus penile nerve block for pain relief during circircumcision. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999; 181: 1506-11.
254. Hsiao AL, Chen L, Baker MD. Incidence and predictors of serious bacterial infections among 57- to 180-day-old infants. Pediatrics 2006; 117: 1695-701.
255. Hsieh TF, Chang CH, Chang SS. Foreskin development before adolescence in 2149 schoolboys. Int J Urol 2006; 13: 9680970.
256. Hunter DJ. AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa: the epidemiology of heterosexual transmission and the prospects of prevention (Review). Epidemiology 1993; 4: 63-72.
257. Huntley JS, Bourne MC, Munro FD, Wilson-Storey D. Troubles with the foreskin: one hundred consecutive referrals to paediatric surgeons. J R Soc Med 2003; 96: 449-51.
258. Hussain LA, Lehner T. Comparative investigation of Langerhans cells and potential receptors for HIV in oral, genitourinary and rectal epithelia. Immunology 1995; 85: 475-84.
259. Hutchinson J. On the influence of circumcision in preventing syphilis. Medical Times and Gazette 1855; II: 542-3 (www.historyofcircumcision.net).
260. Hutchinson J. On circumcision as preventative of masturbation. Arch Surg 1891; 2: 267-8.
261. Institute NC. National Cancer Institute. What you need to know about prostate cancer. http://www.cancer.gov 2006.
262. Isacsohn M, Dolberg L, Sabag SG, Mitrani-Rosenbaum S, Nubani N, Diamant YZ, Goldsmidt R. The inter-relationship of herpes virus, papilloma 16/18 virus infection and Pap smear pathology in Israeli women. Israel J Med Sci 1994; 30: 383-7.
263. Ishikawa E, Kawakita M. Preputial development in Japanese boys. Hinyokika Kiyo 2004; 50: 305-8.
264. Iskit S, Ilkit M, Turç-Biçer A, Demirhindi H, Türker M. Effect of circumcision on genital colonization of Malassezia spp. in a pediatric population. Med Mycol 2006; 44: 113-7.
265. Jacobson SH, Eklof O, Eriksson CG, Lins LE, Tidgren B, Winberg J. Development of hypertension and uraemia after pyelonephritis in childhood: 27 year follow up. Brit Med J 1989; 16: 703-6.
266. Jacobson SH, Eklof O, Lins LE, Wikstad I, Winberg J. Long-term prognosis of post-infectious renal scarring in relation to radiological findings in childhood--a 27-year follow-up. Pediatr Nephrol 1992; 6: 19-24.
267. Jadack RA, Yuenger J, Ghanem KG, Zenilman J. Polymerase chain reaction detection of Y-chromosome sequences in vaginal fluid of women accessing a sexually transmitted disease clinic. Sex Transm Dis 2006; 33: 22-5.
268. Jakobsson B, Berg U, Svensson L. Renal scarring after acute pyelonephritis. Arch Dis Child 1994; 71: 386-7.
269. Jessamine PG, Plummer FA, Ndinya-Achola JO, Wainberg MA, Wamolo I, D'Costa JL, Cameron DW, Simonsen JN, Plouroe P, Ronald AR. Human immunodeficiency virus, genital ulcers and the male forskin: synergism in HIV-1 transmission. Scand J Infect Dis 1990; (suppl 69): 181-6.
270. Jewkes R, Dunkle K, Nduna M, Levin J, Jama N, Khuzwayo N, Koss M, Puren A, Duvvury N. Factors associated with HIV sero-positivity in young, rural South African men. Int J Epidemiol 2006; 35: 1455-60.
271. Jha P, Nagelkerke NJD, Ngugi EN, prasada-Rao JVR, Willbond B, Moses S, Plummer FA. Reducing HIV transmission in developing countries. Science 2001; 292: 224-5.
272. Jit M, Vyse A, Borrow R, Pebody R, Soldan K, Miller E. Prevalence of human papillomavirus antibodies in young female subjects in England. Br J Cancer 2007; 97: 989-91.
273. Johnson K, Way A. Risk factors for HIV infection in a national adult population: evidence from the 2003 Kenya Demographic and Health Survey. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2006; 42: 627-36.
274. Johnson TR, Pituch K, Brackbill EL, Wan J, van de Ven C, Pearlman MD. Why and how a Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology stopped doing routine newborn male circumcision. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 109: 750-2.
275. Joint. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS. The HIV/AIDS Situation in Mid 1996: Global and Regional Highlights. United Nations, Geneva. 1996; (UNAIDS fact sheet).
276. Kahn JG, Marseille E, Auvert B. Cost-effectiveness of male circumcision for HIV prevention in a South African setting. PLoS Med 2006; 3 (e517): 2349-58.
277. Kaizu M, Weiler AM, Weisgrau KL, Vielhuber KA, May G, Piaskowski SM, Furlott J, Maness NJ, Friedrich TC, Loffredo JT, Usborne A, Rakasz EG. Repeated intravaginal inoculation with cell-associated simian immunodeficiency virus results in persistent infection of nonhuman primates. J Infect Dis 2006; 194: 912-6.
278. Kalcev B. Circumcision and personal hygiene in school boys. Med Officer 1964; 112: 171-3.
279. Kallenius G, Moillby R, Svenson SB, Helin I, Hultberg H, Cedergren B, Winberg J. Occurrence of P-fimbriated Escherichia coli in urinary tract infections. Lancet 1981; ii: 1369-72.
280. Kallenius G, Svenson S, Mollby R, Cedergren B, Hultberg H, Winberg J. Structure of carbohydrate part of receptor on human uroepithelial cells for pyelonephritogenic Escherichia coli. Lancet 1981; ii: 604-6.
281. Kan CY, Iacopetta BJ, Lawson JS, Whitaker NJ. Identification of human papillomavirus DNA gene sequences in human breast cancer. Br J Cancer 2005; 93: 946-8.
282. Kang M, Rochford A, Johnston V, Jackson J, Freedman E, Brown K, Mindel A. Prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis infection among 'high risk' young people in New South Wales. Sex Health 2006; 3: 253-4.
283. Kanik AB, Lee J, Wax F, Bhawan J. Penile verrucous carcinoma in a 37-year-old circumcised man. J Am Acad Dermatol 1997; 37: 329-31.
284. Kapiga SH, Lyamuya EF, Lwihula GK, Hunter DJ. The incidence of HIV infection among women using family planning methods in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. AIDS 1998; 12: 75-84.
285. Kapiga SH, Sam NE, Shao JF, Masenga EJ, Renjifo B, Kiwelu IE, Manongi R, Fawzi WW, Essex M. Herpes simplex virus type 2 infection among bar and hotel workers in northern Tanzania: prevalence and risk factors. Sex Transm Dis 2003; 30: 187-92.
286. Kaplan GW. Complications of circumcision. Urol Clin North Am 1983; 10: 543-9.
287. Karaman MI, Zulfikar B, Caskurlu T, Ergenekon E. Circumcision in hemophilia: a cost-effective method using a novel device. J Pediatr Surg 2004; 39: 1562-4.
288. Karim QA. Prevention of HIV by male circumcision. Effective but integration with existing sexual health services remains the biggest challenge. Brit Med J 2007; 335: 4-5.
289. Kassler WJ, Aral SO. Beyond risk groups: behavioral correlates of HIV seroconversion in sexually transmitted disease clinic patients. XI Int Mtg Int Soc STD Res 1995: abstract #017.
290. Katelaris PM, Cossart YE, Rose BR, Thompson CH, Sorich E, Nightingale B, Dallas PB, Morris BJ. Human papillomavirus: the untreated male reservoir. J Urol 1988; 140: 300-5.
291. Kaufman GE, Cimo S, Miller LW, Blass EM. An evaluation of the effects of sucrose on neonatal pain with 2 commonly used circumcision methods. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 186: 564-8.
292. Kayaba H, Tamura H, Kitajima S, Fujiwara Y, Kato T, Kato T. Analysis of shape and retractability of the prepuce in 603 Japanese boys. J Urol 1996; 156: 1813-5.
293. Kebaabetswe P, Lockman S, Mogwe S, Mandevu R, Thior I, Essex M, Shapiro RL. Male circumcision: an acceptable strategy for HIV prevention in Botswana. Sex Transm Infect 2003; 79: 214-9.
294. Kelly R, Kiwanuka N, Wawer MJ, Serwadda D, Sewankambo NK, Wabwire-Mangen F, Li C, Konde-Lule JK, Lutalo T, Makumbi F, Gray RH. Age of male circumcision and risk of HIV infection in rural Uganda. AIDS 1999; 13: 399-405.
295. Kendirci M, Kadioglu A, Boylu U, Miroglu C. Urogenital surgery of the 15th century in Anatolia. J Urol 2005; 173: 1879-82.
295a. Kigozi G, Watya S, Polis CB, Buwembo D, Kiggundu V, Wawer MJ, Serwadda D, Nalugoda F, Kiwanuka N, Bacon MC, Ssempijja V, Makumbi F, Gray RH. The effect of male circumcision on sexual satisfaction and function, results from a randomized trial of male circumcision for human immunodeficiency virus prevention, Rakai, Uganda. BJU Int. 2008; 101: 65-70.
296. Kim D, Pang MG. The effect of male circumcision on sexuality. BJU Int 2007; 99: 1169-70.
297. Kim DS, Lee JY, Pang MG. Male circumcision: a South Korean perspective. BJU Int 1999; 83 (Suppl 1): 28-33.
298. Kirby PK, Munyao T, Kreiss J, Holmes KK. The challenge of limiting the spread of human immune deficiency virus by controlling other sexually transmitted diseases [Review]. Arch Dermatol 1991; 127: 237-42.
299. Kirkpatrick BV, Eitzman DV. Neonatal septicemia after circumcision. Clin Pediatr 1974; 13: 767-8.
300. Kirya C, Werthmann M. Neonatal circumcision and penile dorsal nerve block: a painless procedure. J Pediatr 1978; 92: 998-1000.
301. Kiss A, Kiraly L, Kutasy B, Merksz M. High incidence of balanitis xerotica obliterans in boys with phimosis: prospective 10-year study. Pediatr Dermatol 2005; 22: 305-8.
301a. Klausner J, Wamai RG, Bowa K, Agot K, Kagimba J, Halperin DT. Is male circumcision as good as the HIV vaccine we've been waiting for? Future HIV Ther 2008; 2: Jan issue.
302. Klavs I, Hamers FF. Male circumcision in Slovenia: results from a national probability sample survey. Sex Transm Infect 2007; ((Sep 19: Epub ahead of print)).
303. Ko MC, Liu CK, Lee WK, Jeng HS, Chiang HS, Li CY. Age-specific prevalence rates of phimosis and circumcision in Taiwanese boys. J Formos Med Assoc 2007; 106: 302-7.
304. Kochen M, McCurdy S. Circumcision and risk of cancer of the penis. A life-table analysis. Am J Dis Child 1980; 134: 484-6.
305. Kohn F-M, Pflieger-Bruss S, Schill W-B. Penile skin diseases. Andrologia 1999; 31 (suppl 1): 3-11.
306. Kotecha MT, Afghan RK, Vasilikopoulou E, Wilson E, Marsh P, Kast WM, Davies DH, Caparros-Wanderley W. Enhanced tumour growth after DNA vaccination against human papilloma virus E7 oncoprotein: evidence for tumour-induced immune deviation. Vaccine 2003; 21: 2506-15.
307. Koyle MA, Barqawi A, Wild J, Passamaneck M, Furness PD. Pediatric urinary tract infections: the role of fluoroquinolones. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2003; 22: 1133-7.
308. Kozak LJ, Hall MJ, Owings MF. National Hospital Discharge Survey: 2000 annual summary with detailed diagnosis and procedure data. Vital Health Stat 13 2002; 153: 1-194.
309. Kreiss JK, Hopkins SG. The association between circumcision status and human immunodeficiency virus infection among homosexual men. J Infect Dis 1993; 168: 1404-8.
310. Krieger JN, Bailey RC, Opeya J, Ayieko B, Opiyo F, Agot K, Parker C, Ndinya-Achola JO, Magoha GA, Moses S. Adult male circumcision: results of a standardized procedure in Kisumu District, Kenya. BJU Int 2005; 96: 1109-13.
311. Krieger JN, Bailey RC, Opeya JC, Ayieko BO, Opiyo FA, Omondi D, Agot K, Parker C, Ndinya-Achola JO, Moses S. Adult male circumcision outcomes: experience in a developing country setting. Urol Int 2007; 78: 235-40.
312. Ku WH, Chiu BS, Huen KF. Outcome and recurrence in treatment of phimosis using topical betamethasone in children in Hong Kong. J Paediatr Child Health 2007; 43: 74-9.
313. Kumar B, Narang T, Dass Radotra B, Gupta S. Plasma cell balanitis: clinicopathologic study of 112 cases and treatment modalities. J Cutan Med Surg 2006; 10: 11-5.
314. Kunanusont C, Foy HM, Kreiss JK, Rerky-Ngaram S, Phanuphak P, Raktham S, Pau CP, Young NL. HIV-1 subtypes and male-to-female transmission in Thailand. Lancet 1995; 345: 1078-83.
315. Kunin SA. Circumcision - The debate goes on. Pediatrics 2000; 105: 683.
316. Kurtis PS, DeSilva HN, Bernstein BA, Malakh L, Schrechter NL. A comparison of the Mogen and Gomco clamps in combination with dorsal penile nerve block in minimizing the pain of neonatal circumcision. Pediatrics 1999; 103: E23.
317. Lafferty PM, MacGregor FB, Scobie WG. Management of foreskin problems. Arch Dis Childhood 1991; 66: 696-7.
318. Lagarde E, Dirk T, Puren A, Reathe RT, Bertran A. Acceptability of male circumcision as a tool for preventing HIV infection in a highly infected community in South Africa. AIDS 2003; 17: 89-95.
319. Lajous M, Mueller N, Cruz-Valdez A, Aguilar LV, Franceschi S, Hernandez-Avila M, Lazcano-Ponce E. Determinants of prevalence, acquisition, and persistence of human papillomavirus in healthy Mexican military men. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2005; 14: 1710-6.
320. Lajous M, Mueller N. In response. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2006; 15: 405-6.
321. Lander J, Brady-Fryer B, Metcalfe JB, Nazarali S, S. M. Comparison of ring block, dorsal penile nerve block, and topical anesthesia for neonatal circumcision. A randomized controlled trial. J Am Med Assoc 1997; 278: 2157-62.
322. Lander J, Metcalfe JB, Muttitt S, Brady-Fryer B. Local anaesthesia for infants undergoing circumcision. J Am Med Assoc 1998; 279: 1171.
323. Landström JT, Schuyler RW, Macris GP. Microsurgical penile replantation facilitated by postoperative HBO treatment. Microsurgery 2004; 24: 49-55.
324. Langer JC, Coplen DE. Circumcision and pediatric disorders of the penis. Pediatr Clin N Am 1998; 45: 801-12.
325. Lannon CM, Bailey AGD, Fleischman AR, Kaplan GW, Shoemaker CT, Swanson JT, Coustan D. Circumcision policy statement. Pediatrics 1999; 103: 686-93.
326. Latif AS, Katzenstein DA, Bassett MT, Houston S, Emmanuel JC, Marowa E. Genital ulcers and transmission of HIV among couples in Zimbabwe. AIDS 1989; 3: 519-23.
327. Laumann EO, Maal CM, Zuckerman EW. Circumcision in the United States. Prevalence, prophyactic effects, and sexual practice. J Am Med Assoc 1997; 277: 1052-7.
328. Lavreys L, Rakwar JP, Thompson ML, Kackson DJ, Mandaliya K, Chohan BH, Bwayo JJ, Ndinya-Achola JO, J.K. K. Effect of circumcision on incidence of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and other sexually transmitted diseases: a prospective cohort study of trucking company employees in Kenya. J Inf Dis 1999; 180: 330-6.
329. Law RM, Halpern S, Martins RF. Measurement of methemoglobin after EMLA analgesia for newborn circumcision. Biol Neonate 1996; 70: 213-7.
330. Lawler FH, Bisonni RS, Holtgrave DR. Circumcision: a cost decision analysis of its medical value. Fam Med 1991; 23: 587-93.
331. Lawson JS, Gunzburg WH, Whitaker NJ. Viruses and human breast cancer. Future Microbiol 2006; 1: 33-51.
332. Lawson JS, Kan CY, Iacopetta BJ, Whitaker NJ. Are some breast cancers sexually transmitted? Br J Cancer 2006; 95: 1708.
333. Lazarus J, Alexander A, Rode H. Circumcision complications associated with the Plastibell device. S Afr Med J 2007; 97: 192-3.
334. Lehr VT, Cepeda E, Frattarelli DA, Thomas R, LaMothe J, Aranda JV. Lidocaine 4% cream compared with lidocaine 2.5% and prilocaine 2.5% or dorsal penile block for circumcision. Am J Perinatol 2005; 22: 231-7.
335. Lerman SE, Liao JC. Neonatal circumcision. Pediatr Clin N Am 2001; 48: 1539-57.
336. Littlewood JM. Sixty-six infants with urinary tract infection in first month of life. Arch Dis Child 1972; 47: 218-26.
337. Lloyd VE. Circumcision and syphilis. Brit Med J 1934; -: 144-6.
338. Lohr JA. The foreskin and urinary tract infections. J Pediatr 1989; 114: 502-4.
339. Londish G, Murray J. Mathematical modelling of male circumcision in sub-Saharan Africa predicts significant reduction in adult HIV prevalence even when it is limited to certain age groups. 4th International AIDS Society Conference 2007: WEAC104.
340. Low N, Broutet N, Adu-Sarkodie Y, Barton P, Hossain M, Hawkes S. Global control of sexually transmitted infections. Lancet 2006; 368: 2001-16.
341. Lue TF, Physiology of penile erection and pathophysiology of erectile dysfunction and priapism., in Campbell's Urology, Walsh PC, Retik AB, Vaughan FD, Editors. 1998, W.B. Saunders: Philadelphia.
342. Lund L, Wai KH, Mui LM, Yeung CK. An 18-month follow-up study after randomized treatment of phimosis in boys with topical steroid versus placebo. Scand J Urol Nephrol 2005; 39: 78-81.
343. Ly L, Sankaran K. Acute venous stasis and swelling of the lower abdomen and extremities in an infant after circumcision. CMAJ 2003; 169: 216-7.
344. Maden C, Sherman KJ, Beckmann AM, Huslop TK, Heh OZ, Ashley RL, Daling JR. History of circumcision, medical conditions, and sexual activity and risk of penile cancer. J Nat Canc Inst 1993; 85: 19-24.
345. Malamba SS, Mermin JH, Bunnell R, Mubangizi J, Kalule J, Marum E, Hu DJ, Wangalwa S, Smith D, Downing R. Couples at risk: HIV-1 concordance and discordance among sexual partners receiving voluntary counseling and testing in Uganda. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2005; 39: 576-80.
346. Mallon E, Hawkins D, Dinneen M, Francis N, Fearfield L, Newson R, Bunker C. Circumcision and genital dermatoses. Arch Dermatol 2000; 136: 350-4.
346a. Malone P, Steinbrecher H. Medical aspects of male circumcision. Brit Med J 2007; 335: 1206-1209.
347. Mansfield CJ, Hueston WJ, Rudy M. Neonatal circumcision: associated factors and length of hospital stay. J Fam Pract 1995; 41: 370-6.
348. Marild S, Hansson S, Jodal U, Oden A, Svedberg K. Protective effect of breastfeeding against urinary tract infection. Acta Paediatr 2004; 93: 164-8.
349. Marrazzo JM. Sexual tourism: implications for travelers and the destination culture. Infect Dis Clin North Am 2005; 19: 103-20.
350. Marx JL. Circumcision may protect against the AIDS virus. Science 1989; 245: 470-1.
351. Masood S, Patel HRH, Himpson RC, Palmer JH, Mufti GR, Sheriff MKM. Penile sensitivity and sexual satisfaction after circumcision: are we informing men correctly? Urol Int 2005; 75: 62-6.
352. Masters WH, Johnson VE. Human Sexual Response. 1966, Boston: Little Brown.
353. Mastro T, Satten G, Nopkesorn T, Sangkharomya S, Longini I. Probability of female-to-male transmission of HIV-1 in Thailand. Lancet 1994; 343: 204-7.
354. Mastro TM, de Vincenzi I. Probabilities of sexual HIV-1 transmission. AIDS 1996; 10: S75-82.
355. Matsota P, Papageorgiou-Brousta M. Intraoperative and postoperative analgesia with subcutaneous ring block of the penis with levobupivacaine for circumcision in children. Eur J Pediatr Surg 2004; 14: 198-202.
356. Mattelaer JJ, Schipper RA, Das S. The circumcision of Jesus Christ. J Urol 2007; 178: 31-4.
357. Mattson CL, Bailey RC, Muga R, Poulussen R, Onyango T. Acceptability of male circumcision and predictors of circumcision preference among men and women in Nyanza Province, Kenya. AIDS Care 2005; 17: 182-94.
358. Maxwell LG, Yaster M. Analgesia for neonatal circumcision. No more studies, just do it. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1999; 153: 444-5.
359. McCance DJ, Kalache A, Ashdown K, Andrade L, Menezes F, Smith P, Doll R. Human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 in carcinoma of the penis from Brazil. J Cancer 1986; 37: 55-9.
360. McCoombe SG, Short RV. Potential HIV-1 target cells in the human penis. AIDS 2006; 20: 1491-5.
361. McIntosh N. Pain in the newborn, a possible new starting point. Eur J Pediatr 1997; 156: 173-7.
361a. McQuillan GM, Kruszon-Moran D, Kottiri BJ, Kamimoto LA, Lam L, Cowart MF, Hubbard M, Spira TJ. Prevalence of HIV in the US household population: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys, 1988 to 2002. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006; 41: 651-6.
362. Medicare. MBS Online. Medical Benefits Scheme. Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. 2007 [cited; Available from: http://www9.health.gov.au/mbs/search.cfm.
363. Medicare. Medicare Australia. Health statistics. 2007 [Available from: http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/.
364. Meier AS, Bukusi EA, Cohen CR, Holmes KK. Independent association of hygiene, socioeconomic status, and circumcision with reduced risk of HIV infection among Kenyan men. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2006; 43: 117-8.
365. Meissner O, Buso DL. Traditional male circumcision in the Eastern Cape--scourge or blessing? S Afr Med J 2007; 97: 371-3.
366. Micali G, Nasca MR, Innocenzi D, Schwartz RA. Penile cancer. J Am Acad Dermatol 2006; 54: 369-91.
367. Mihssin N, Moorthy K, Houghton PW. Retention of urine: an unusual complication of the Plastibell device. BJU Int 1999; 84: 745.
368. Miller C. Localization of simian immunodeficiency virus-infected cells in the genital tract of amle and female rhesus macaques. J Reprod Immunol 1998; 4: 331-9.
369. Mor Z, Kent CK, Kohn RP, Klausner JD. Declining rates in male circumcision amidst increasing evidence of its public health benefit. PLoS ONE 2007; 2 (4 pages): e861.
370. Morris BJ. In Favour of Circumcision. 1999, Sydney: UNSW Press.
371. Morris BJ, Bailis SA, Castellsague X, Wiswell TE, Halperin DT. RACP's policy statement on infant male circumcision is ill-conceived. Aust NZ J Publ Hlth 2006; 30: 16-22.
372. Morris BJ, Castellsague X, Bailis SA. Re: Cost analysis of neonatal circumcision in a large health maintenance organization. E. J. Schoen, C. J. Colby and T. T. To. J Urol, 175: 1111-1115, 2006. . J Urol 2006; 176: 2315-6.
373. Morris BJ. Circumcision in Australia: prevalence and effects on sexual health. Int J STD AIDS 2007; 18: 69-70.
374. Morris BJ. Why circumcision is a biomedical imperative for the 21st century. BioEssays 2007; 29: 1147-58.
375. Morris BJ, Rose BR. Cervical screening in the 21st century: the case for human papillomavirus testing of self-collected specimens. Clin Chem Lab Med 2007; 45: 577-91.
376. Morris BJ, Waskett J, Bailis SA. Case number and the financial impact of circumcision in reducing prostate cancer. BJU Int 2007; 100: 5-6.
377. Moses S, Bradley JE, Nagelkerke NJ, Ronald AR, Ndinya Achola JO, Plummer FA. Geographical patterns of male circumcision practices in Africa: association with HIV seroprevalance. Int J Epidemiol 1990; 19: 693-7.
378. Moses S, Plummer FA, Bradley JF, Ndinya-Achola JO, Nagelkerke NJ, Ronald AR. The association between lack of male circumcision and risk for HIV infection: a review of the epidemiological data. Sexually Transm Dis 1994; 21: 201-9.
379. Moses S. Association between lack of male circumcision and risk for HIV infection: Review of the epidemiological evidence. XI Int Conf AIDS. 1996. Vancouver.
380. Moses S, Bailey RC, Ronald AR. Male circumcision: assessment of health benefits and risks. Sex Transm Inf 1998; 74: 368-73.
381. Moszynski P. WHO recommend circumcision to combat male HIV infections in men in Africa. Brit Med J 2007; 334: 712-3.
382. Mysorekar IU, Hultgren SJ. Mechanisms of uropathogenic Escherichia coli persistence and eradication from the urinary tract. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2006; 103: 14170-5.
383. Nagelkerke NJ, Moses S, de Vlas SJ, Bailey RC. Modelling the public health impact of male circumcision for HIV prevention in high prevalence areas in Africa. BMC Infect Dis 2007; 7 (e-pub 15 pages): 16.
384. Naimer SA, Trattner A. Are sterile conditions essential for all forms of cutaneous surgery? The case of ritual neonatal circumcision. J Cutan Med Surg 2000; 4: 177-80.
385. Naja ZA, Ziade FM, Al-Tannir MA, Abi Mansour RM, El-Rajab MA. Addition of clonidine and fentanyl: comparison between three different regional anesthetic techniques in circumcision. Paediatr Anaesth 2005; 15: 964-70.
386. Narayana AS, Olney LE, Loening SA. Carcinoma of the penis: analysis of 219 cases. Cancer 1982; 49: 2185-91.
387. Nasca MR, Innocenzi D, Micali G. Association of penile lichen sclerosus and oncogenic human papillomavirus infection. Int J Dermatol 2006; 45: 681-3.
388. Nasio JM, Nagelkerke NJ, Mwatha A, Moses S, Ndinya-Achola JO, Plummer FA. Genital ulcer disease among STD clinic attenders in Nairobi: association with HIV-1 and circumcision status. Int J STD AIDS 1996; 7: 410-4.
389. National Conference of State Legislators. State health notes: Circumcision and infection. 2006; http://www.ncsl.org/.
390. National Center for Health Statistics of the Department of Health and Human Services. Trends in Circumcisions Among Newborns. 2003; http://www.cdc.gov/.
391. Nayir A. Circumcision for the prevention of significant bacteriuria in boys. Pediatr Nephrol 2001; 16: 1129-34.
392. Nelson CP, Dunn R, Wan J, Wei JT. The increasing incidence of newborn circumcision: data from the nationwide inpatient sample. J Urol 2005; 173: 978-81.
393. Newell J, Senkoro K, Mosha F, Grosskurth H, Nicoll A, Barongo L, Borgdorff M, Klokke A, Changalucha J, Killewo J. A population-based study of syphilis and sexually transmitted disease syndromes in north-western Tanzania. 2. Risk factors and health seeking behaviour. Genitourin Med 1993; 69: 421-6.
394. Newell ML, Barnighausen T. Male circumcision to cut HIV risk in the general population. Lancet 2007; 369: 617-9.
395. Nguyen DM, Bancroft E, Mascola L, Guevara R, Yasuda L. Risk factors for neonatal methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in a well-infant nursery. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2007; 28: 406-11.
396. Niku SD, Stock JA, Kaplan GW. Neonatal circumcision [Review]. Urol Clin N Am 1995; 22: 57-65.
397. Nnko S, Washija R, Urassa M, Boerma JT. Dynamics of male circumcision practices in Northwest Tanzania. Sex Transm Dis 2001; 28: 214-8.
398. Nyirady P, Borka K, Banfi G, Kelemen Z. [Lichen sclerosus in urological practice] (Hungarian). Orv Hetil 2006; 147: 2125-9.
399. O'Brien TR, Calle EE, Poole WK. Incidence of neonatal circumcision in Atlanta, 1985-1986. Southern Med J 1995; 88: 411-5.
400. O'Donnell H. Circumcision Incidence in Australia. 2004; http://www.cirp.org/library/statistics/Australia/.